Sunday, May 18, 2008

Thank you Marji

Thank you Marji for organizing this project. I am the queen of procrastination. If I start a project I don't finish or I never start it. I pull out the pattern and fabric, look at it, and go find something else to do. I am trying hard to root out the procrastination gene and get on with life.

I have never made a coat. I do have a jacket cut out...does that count??? LOL!!! I have, somewhere in my sewingroom, a piece of gorgeous red wool coating purchased from EOS a couple of years ago. I know I want a red coat, but I'm just not completely sure about the pattern. I do have several of the coat patterns Marji listed. I am leaning towards the Simplicity Threads pattern as I saw this made up on Ann (Gorgeous Things) a few years ago at a PR Weekend, or I may choose the last Vogue pattern listed. (the one with the notched or standup collar). I think this would be a good time to learn how to make a notched collar.

Now I have to work on gathering the players for my coat. At the same time I'm participating in the June Capsule at SG. And, I'm taking a fitting class at PR with Shannon. I will be one very busy lady in June.

Thank you again Marji. I'm very excited to be participating with all you knowledgeable sewists.

1 comment:

Nancy K said...

I wanted to thank you too, Marji for organizing this sew along. It is more organized and structured than sew alongs usually are and I think that that's a good thing. It will keep me on pace and moving along with everyone. Now I need instructions on how to make a blog posting, instead of just comments so that I can post pictures.