Sunday, May 18, 2008

Michelle L.'s Project Plan

Marji's post inspired me to make an actual project plan, with images of the fabric and the pattern.

I will be making Vouge 7988, view C. It is for my fiance; I never make anything for him, so he was actually pretty excited to pick out his fabric. We got a black wool coating with a very subtle basketweave. You really have to squint to see the texture. For the lining, a silk twill. Both came from Fashion Fabrics Club; the coating was $14.00 per yard, and the silk twill we caught on sale for $5.00 a yard.

The wool is currently at the dry cleaner's being cleaned and steamed. They are used to me dragging in yards and yards of fabric for pre-cleaning or half-finished garments for them to block the seams on, so they are very good about doing just what I need for them to.

I am really excited about getting started on this project!!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

A nice classic, tailored coat!

Marji said...

This is a great project Michelle. Love the lining your fiance picked too. The men in my life are way more boring than that.

Linda said...

beautiful choice. I can't wait to see this.