Saturday, May 24, 2008

Dawn's Coat Plan

I am planning on a wool coat from a Burda pattern. I haven't tried a Burda envelope pattern so I hope they are similar to the Burda WOF sizes. My worry is that they have been "americanized" with more ease. Some of you have done both so do I need to worry? Usually I make a size 36 in Burda WOF. I am really excited about making a coat with your help. I made a wool coat before but was not that happy with it. It was totally me, not the pattern. Here is the review. It is the same pattern that Erica B. is going to use.


Here is the Burda pattern I plan to use. It is 8022. I will use a wool flannel maybe? I don't have fabric for a muslin yet. I'm going to do view B with the belt.

4 comments:

cidell said...

Wow. That's a great pattern!

Jenny said...

I'm so excited to see this made up. When I saw this pattern, I almost switched!

Dawn said...

Jenny, that would be fun to see two of us with the same coat. Fun to compare.

Marji said...

it's a beautiful pattern. I don't know, but I don't think they draft extra ease into the patterns that go into the envelope - they do add seam allowances and some of their more successful designs from the magazine WOF do find their way into patterns with envelopes. It doesn't make any sense to me that they would redraft on the way to the envelope.
I read your review- hopefully we'll get you through some of those steps where you had challenges.