Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sandra - Pattern Picked Out


Hi Marji, thanks again for putting so much time and effort into this. I am so looking forward to this project. I will be making McCall's M5513 for my 14-year-old niece.


I'm thinking a wool flannel because it needs something with some drape to it for the bubble skirt. However I want it to be warm (I will be lengthening the sleeve to full length) so I will definitely be needing underling/interlining advice!

(E.T.A. That Donna Karan coat pattern of yours is TO DIE FOR! Must find a way....)

3 comments:

Marji said...

Very cute coat and trendy enough for a 14 yo.
Are you using a coating weight flannel or are you considering a lightweight flannel?
I'm thinking that a "light" coating weight flannel (as the camelshair wool is described on Textile Studios site - although I wouldn't use camelhair for a 14 yo) would be good. You don't want a melton, but I'm thinking a decent coating flannel (like those GF has) might be just enough to make that skirt stand out as it ought to.

Sigrid said...

Yes, this is a great pattern for a 14 yo. I made it for DD (who is 14 too) this winter, and she was very happy with it. She wore it whole winter and got many compliments from her friends.

Sandra said...

Yes Marji, I am thinking light coating weight flannel. I'm going to have to make a trip into the city because I really need to feel the fabric for this one.l My concern is making it warm enough without losing the drape.