Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Shannon - My Coat

Like Marji, I hope to make more than one coat before next fall, but I have yet to decide on all the patterns. The coat I am sure about making is the one below.

Burda WOF 9/2007 - 104
I will call this my "Ode to Tany" coat. I still remember the first time I saw the coat that Tany made - I was beyond smitten. I knew I had to have one of my own.

I have always wanted a funky and fabulous leopard print coat. Now, thanks to Tany for the inspiration and to Marji for the push in the right direction, I should be workin' my animal magnetism by early fall of this year. Rowr!

6 comments:

Christine said...

Awesome. I would do one, too, but living here in rural Maine, I'm sure some yahoo would take a shot at me during hunting season. ;-)

Shannon said...

Christine - you are too funny!!

Nancy Winningham said...

This one is on my to do list too. I just am waiting to find the "right" animal print that is soft and silky.

Marji said...

Shannon, that is great! I can see this in your wardrobe. ;)

Mardel said...

Oh Shannon, that is fabulous! I can really see you wearing this. I had a leopard print coat for a long time, although mine was a more casual style, that I LOVED. LOVED. LOVED. I should consider another, but that fabric is not in my stash and several other coats are.

a little sewing said...

Yes indeed! I loved Tany's coat, too. Hmmm... I will have to keep my eye out for the right leopard fabric, too! This one is def a winner Shannon!