Thursday, May 22, 2008

KarenT - My Plans Thus Far

This is a quick post while I wait for the iron to heat up! I'm getting really revved up by the plans that are appearing daily. It didn't take me long to figure out what I'm going to do, as I've been looking at this pattern for a while and trying to decide how to make it.


I like the collar and length on the right, the draped collar is interesting but impractical for my life. I'm in and out of seatbelts all the time, and this just would be a fussy hazard! I like standup collars, though, and it is loose enough to tuck a scarf down in there. I don't care for the sleeves in that view, however, so I am making the sleeves seen in the left and center view. I'm debating about making the longer length, but I think the knee length is more needed in my closet. I'm not a belter either, as I lose them or get tangled up, so I'll probably leave that off as well.

My fabric:


This is a piece of wool/silk blend I've had for an undetermined period of time. I'm ashamed to admit that my stashing is so out of control that I have no idea where or when I bought this. It is 60 inches wide, and I have five yards, so I'm thinking I can also make a skirt or slacks. It is not quite as grey as it appears here, more of a dark cream with black and dark brown bits in it. It is a mid-weight, so it drapes and should tailor well. I have not decided on a lining, I'll internet shop this weekend, but I'm thinking a twill to mirror the herringbone a bit.

Off to work! Marji, I hope your family emergency wasn't too serious. K

1 comment:

Cennetta said...

I have this one too! Very interested in seeing you work through the process.