Monday, June 30, 2008

Lisette's second muslin Burda WOF 9/2005



Following Marji's advise I raised the waistline and let out the seams below the waist on the front princess seams. This removed the wrinkles on the sides above the waist. The front grainlines are also now okay and the hem edge is even so I didn't see the need for the fisheye darts. I consulted with Paco about the ease in this coat since he made it twice. He says it is designed with jacket ease to be worn with dresses and sweaters.



I put in the sleeves and the collar. I believe the grainline looks good on the sleeves. The photograph I took of the side where I did a forward shoulder adjustment(FSA) did not turn out so what you are looking at has no FSA. The sleeve has a good length.



The back shows a bump on the right hip, I think something is wonky on my seam there and/or the sweater I'm wearing it's causing it. I had my mother check on the back neckline and the seam was where it was supposed to be so I did no alterations there.





Does anyone see anything else I need to address? Thanks!

4 comments:

Tany said...

It looks pretty good to me Lisette!

Tany said...

Lisette, about adding walking ease to this pattern: I think I'd slash the pattern at its CF line, pivoting from the neckline imaginary point above. I don't know if anyone here has real experience with adding walking ease to a double breasted coat and can suggest anything better, but that's what I'd do myself. You should try it in muslin first, of course (keeping in mind the weight of your fashion fabric, the buttons, etc, just like the book explains). This pattern is really one of my favorites, it's a coat that will never go out of fashion.

Els said...

The back shows a bump on the right hip, I think something is wonky on my seam there and/or the sweater I'm wearing it's causing it.


My opinion it is caused by your right high hip because in your previous two post which shows pictures I noticed it too. You can add some wide at the backside seam and start the curved line a bit higher so it will follow your contour.

Melissa Fehr Trade said...

nice work! Thanks for adding Paco's comment in there, too.

I'm still working on my second muslin for this coat, but I'm making (slow) progress!