Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Lindsay T: Source for Professional Fusing of Fabrics

If you have access to the garment district in New York, you need to know about Quick Fuse & Cut. This is the resource that design houses and clothing manufacturers go to when they need to have their fabrics fused. Since I am making my coat out of boucle, I needed to fuse my underlining to the boucle to give it some needed stability. Marji told me how to do it myself, but with my Rowenta Professional it would have taken a loooong time.

Fortunately I had heard about this place from an FIT grad student who waited on me at Mood Fabrics not so long ago, plus Ann Steeves recommended it to me as well. Today I had my three yards fused with my fusible underlining and they did a great job. And it only cost me $10!

You can visit my blog for photos and more on Quick Fuse & Cut.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I can't tell you jealous I am right now. I will definitely remember this the next time I need something block fused. Do they do boucle too?