Saturday, July 5, 2008

Marilyn B 2nd Fitting, Vogue 7978

I followed ELS's suggestion and took a tuck across the back from armhole to armhole and this adjustment did straighten out the side seam. I also adjusted the back cap of the sleeve pattern the same amount as the tuck in the back of the coat. Since I had already cut my sleeve prior to the first fitting, I just sewed this adjustment in as a dart and will correct the pattern once all fitting adjustments are made. Another adjustment I made was that I took in the front princess seams starting at the waist and tapering in 1/4" to the hem removing a total of 1" from the front since I felt that the muslin was looking too baggy in the front. I am pleased with this adjustment. I also realize that I need to add some length to the front since it appears a little shorter than the back. I am wearing a suit jacket under the muslin in all pictures. I have to add that I have found taking pictures of the muslins a valuable fitting tool. Pictures show so much more than my eye sees in the mirror.without shoulder pads


















With shoulder pads


1 comment:

fabricluver (Susan) said...

That looks great with the shoulder pads. I agree about adding more to the front - it is a little shorter.

I am so with you on seeing more in the pictures - it's amazing the difference between the mirror and pictures.

Susan