Monday, June 9, 2008

Admin: a preliminary list of who is sewing what

Yesterday, when I was talking with Els, she asked if we could put a list on the sidebar of who is making what pattern.
Before we do that, I quickly gathered the info from previous posts on plans and made a preliminary list. Some of you have multiple choices but not a decision, so your entry may not show here, others of you are still deciding.
It will be nice to have a list so that you can all see who is making the same pattern as you.

so, update us in the comments, ok?

BWOF 9/05.102 MelissaF, LisetteM, KayY
BWOF 9/06.103
BWOF 9/06.126
Cidell, MaryOK
Digs,
BWOF 10/06. LindaF
Burda 7855 LauraM, LindaF, Rose
Burda 8022 ChristineB, Dawn,
Burda 8171 Heidi
Burda 8292 NancySeattle, Silver Threads
Butterick 4663 SuitYourself
Butterick 4665 Adrienne, Sigrid
Butterick 5145 EricaB, Patrice, Jean-in-NC, Alethia
Marfy F1414 Jenny
McCalls 5247 Jamie, LindaDanville, Digs
McCalls 5513 Sandra
McCalls 5525 Lucinda
Neue Mode 23448 SuitYourself
Patrones n247.30
Patrones n249
Tany
Angela O
Simplicity 3672 Silver Threads,
Simplicity 4084 Silver Threads, NancyK, Susan (FabricLuver)
Simplicity 4403 ClaireC, Erin, Patrice, AnnB
Vogue 1032 Zoubida
Vogue 1266 Laura, Diggs
Vogue 2475 Caity
Vogue 2873 Marji, EricaB
Vogue 2884 PattiF, Susan (FabricLuver)
Vogue 2922 Marji,
Vogue 2935 Nneka
Vogue 2988 Elizabeth
Vogue 7978 LindsayT, Carolyn, MarilynB, MaryOK
Vogue 7979 Robin
Vogue 8299 Vicki
Vogue 8306 NancyK,
Vogue 8346 Lisa, Bonnie, Gaylen, ClaireS
Vogue 8438 KarenT, Adrienne, Cennetta
Vogue 8480 Bonnie, Patrice
Vintage or OOP editions Marji, CafeCouture, Shannon, Marguerite, MarilynB, BarbaraP, Susanne
Mens MichelleL, Jamie

22 comments:

Nancy K said...

I am making Vogue 8306 in wool
and Simlicity 4084 view C in the black Burberry raincoat fabric.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I'm making 7978 same as Lindsey T. and I have my fabric now - a chocolate wool from Gorgeous Things. Will start accumulating the rest of my things like lining next!

MarilynB said...

I have also chosen Vogue 7978 and will be making view D in a grey/brown wool tweed. I also want to make an additional short coat from vintage Vogue pattern 482 (yes it only has 3 numbers) in a green wool.

Jean in NC said...

Hi Marji,
I am planning on making Butterick 5145, view A. I think that is the same one that EricaB is doing. I have ordered my fabric from Grogeous Fabrics and am anxiously awaiting its arrival.

I have been pouring over several tailoring books and thinking through the muslin fitting process. Just need to find a suitable source for lining fabric and I will be ready to go!

Mary OK said...

I am not going to make the Burda Trench (1.2008.128) for the coat sew along after all. I am limiting my ambitions because of my hand injury (more details at blog). Instead, I am using eggplant melton to copy Marfy F1022, probably using Burda 9.2006.129, a petite pattern, for the major pieces and adding pleats and cuffs. I will be "helping" my daughter with a coat of her own, using purple coat flannel.

Digs said...

1. Vogue 1266, view B, in black with grey pinstripe wool-cashmere blend coating weight flannel, with silk jacquard lining and a Polartec Windpro interlining for warmth. I intend to underline the fashion fabric with silk twill. This is going to be my new brave Canadian winter coat.

2. McCall's 5247, view C (notched lapels), in coral cashmere, underlined with silk and lined with silk charmeuse. No interlining, as I imagine this one as a light as a feather fair weather coat.

3. I'd like to think that I'll have the time to make the BWOF 9/2006 classic trench coat, but as both the pattern and the fabric are still winging their way to me, AND I have this idea that it might be nice to also make some other things this summer, PLUS I still have a very nice trench that I like, I might just postpone this one till next year. On the other hand, I see it's already on the list, and I'd love to make it along with someone else! We'll see.

Ann_B said...

Hi, I'm doing S 4403 the single breasted version.

Mary OK said...

DD looked at patterns today. Her coat will probably be a short single-breasted version of Vogue 7978. She wants to add horizontal seams, like she once had in a favorite coat.

Maggie said...

I decided on a vintage Yves St. Laurent coat pattern 2763. It's a knee length, double breasted coat with wide lapels. I'm using a gold and black herringbone wool that I bought about 15 years ago at a woolen mill in Maine.
Marguerite

AngelaO said...

I'm doing Patrones n249.33

Suit Yourself Couture said...

I'm making two coats:
Neue Mode 23448 out of tan wool with brown wool contrast, underlining with tan silk organza, lining with tan/brown silk floral.
Butterick 4663 out of black/brown herringbone wool with black contrast, underlining with black cotton batiste, lining with Bemberg rayon.

fabricluver (Susan) said...

I am also making Simplicity 4084

Sigrid said...

Butterick 4665, with some alterations. Depending on fabric that will arrive hopefully next week from EmmaOneSock I want to make welt pockets (with or without flap) and a two piece sleeve in this. Will write an update post when fabric has arrived and/or I've done my muslin.

Rose said...

I'm make Burda 7855, View A

365 Dresses said...

I haven't decided yet! I will decide early next week. I'm still in the design stages and will probably either modify a Lutterloh coat or self draft from Garment Designer.

ejvc said...

Hi - Vogue 2988, view A, from navy melton. I just posted about it.

Ms. Fine Fabrics said...

Vogue 2649, modified to have a formal look. Lengthening sleeves and dropping patch pockets in favor of in-seam pockets.

dancingfish said...

Hi, I'm making BWOF 11/07.114, in a charcoal flannel coating from Gorgeous Fabrics.

Ann Made Studio said...

Hi, sorry to be posting my final choice so late ,I'm making Butterick 5145.

babsi1111 said...

Hi,
I'm sorry to be so late with my pattern choice.
I decided on Patrones July-August 2005 no. 56 which I want to make from double face coating in light grey/drak grey. It is a blend from virgin wool, mohair and chashmere.
If there is still time left, I want to make burda 10/2006 no.111B from a chocolate brown coating which has a subtle twill weave.
Barbara from Germany

merry-one said...

I will be making vogue 7978 with a modified stand up collar (I think).

poppy said...

i am making McCalls 5513 just for fun and Simplicity 3562 ( I think the only one making it?) view B but with A's sleeves cuff's