Monday, May 26, 2008

Nancy K's Coat projects



I am making two coats. A raincoat out of either this Simplicity 4084, one of the single breasted versions or the Alden raincoat variation on BurdaStyle which I don't seem to be able to post a picture of here. The Burda needs some changes as to pockets and I don't like the shape of the yokes, which are both easy changes. I have the material, black double sided Burberry cotton raincoat material that I got from Michael's website. I have striped Burberry lining and I just need to purchase some red wool for the button out lining.
Hmm can't seem to add more than one picture at a time? I will make a second post with the picture.



The other coat is a winter jacket from Vogue 8306 view C without the tie belt and with 2 or 3 buttons added. I am totally changing the fabric I was planning for this and probably going with a lemon yellow from Manhattan Fabrics. I thought that I wanted to make a neutral color, but everything in my wardrobe is neutral. Time for a change!

4 comments:

Marji said...

Nancy, per your email I took the liberty of editing your post, just to make the pictures show. I didn't change any text.

Bonnie O. said...

Nancy, I used S4084 to make a trench coat and it is an excellent pattern.

cidell said...

Nancy, let me know where you get the red wool!!

Nancy K said...

Thank you Marji.