Friday, May 30, 2008

Gaylen Decision's Made!

Last night, I sat down with JB and the pile of coat patterns - okay so there were only 5! After discussing the options I decided to go with V8346. I'll be making the red view - that length, that collar, everything.

This morning I called Ann, and ordered 4 yards of the Princess Red Wool Flannel. I still have to decide about lining. I don't think I'll need to interline my coat as it never really gets cold in Western Washington, but I'll ask for opinions at my next ASG Neighborhood group meeting.

To keep JB happy - I also asked Ann to send me swatches of the August Green, eggplant, and bright peony wool flannel. Who knows, I may end up making more than one coat. I'm feeling slightly (okay really more like I'm drowning here) out of my element here. I just hope I don't mess this up.

1 comment:

Claire said...

I love your choices. I was tempted by this coat pattern, but I decided for now to make a wrap coat without buttons since my fabric is mohair/angora. If I get really ambitious I may make this coat on the side, but that'a a big "if". ;o)