Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Heidi: What stage are we at?

I am wondering what stage we are supposed to be at right now? I posted my muslin awhile ago but I haven't had any comments, so I don't know if I am on the right track. I don't want to adjust my muslin until I feel more confident about the changes.

Sorry if I am missing something here! I am following this blog intently because as an advanced beginner, I need all the help I can get constructing my first coat!

Marji:

Timeline is loose.

After I analyzed the fit of the first several muslins and tried to cover what to do with many of the fitting issues, I was hoping that there would be a bit more chat and give-and-take among the rest of the members. It's been a bit disconcerting to see so many comments "wait to see what Marji says." Obviously, since this is a sew-along and not a class, I can't possibly analyze the muslins of everyone. After I get the guide up for layout and cutting I'll try to go back through and at least look at everyone's muslins.

Heidi, I looked at and left comments on your muslin.

HEIDI's REPLY on Friday, 7/25:
Thanks for the feedback on my muslin. I took some better pictures and closeups of my sleeve and will post them soon. I am packing and getting ready to move across country in five days, so my "free" time is limited!


1/23/08

4 comments:

Claire S. said...

Hi Heidi - this is my 2nd attempt at what is supposed to be an encouraging comment...Dontcha just hate when you hit 'delete' instead of 'save' ? LOL

I'm a beginner at this and am nowhere near finishing my muslin. This sewalong was a great way to jump in and start a project. All this help in one place !

A few posts ago, Marji mentioned that some of us are still at the muslin stage and we could go on posting til the next set of instructions was ready.

Hopefully someone will get back to you with some advice/help. As I've been told "hang in there". We're not alone.

Melissa Fehr Trade said...

yeah, I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to be doing right now, either, hahah! The timeline says to begin cutting but I've been waiting, expecting there will be instructions posted soon and I don't want to forge on ahead only to find out later I've done it the wrong way or anything...

Marji said...

ok, I spent yesterday working on cutting up a muslin, laying out and getting ready to cut, and taking pictures. Today I will write up what I do to cut after going through a major fitting exercise such as many of you have done.

Timeline is loose.

After I analyzed the fit of the first several muslins and tried to cover what to do with many of the fitting issues, I was hoping that there would be a bit more chat and give and take between the rest of the members. It's been a bit disconcerting to see so many comments "wait to see what Marji says". Obviously, since this is a sew along and not a class, I can't possibly analyze the muslins of everyone. After I get the guide up for layout and cutting I'll try to go back through and at least look at everyones muslins.

Heidi, I will scroll back and find your muslin and try to give you some feedback. I can appreciate, being an adv beginner, that you are looking for more input than some of the more advanced members might be.

Heidi said...

Thanks Marji! I would appreciate any help from you or pretty much anyone else on the blog who's sewn a coat before. Thankfully I think my fitting issues are relatively minor.

I'm just glad to know I am not behind.