Monday, July 21, 2008

Claire S. - next question

I’ve done some of the recommended changes and have been mulling over some others.

From the last set of pics and suggestions/comments from both Marji & Linda I’ve done and observed the following:

  • pinched out ¾" on each shoulder per Marji’s diagram
  • took out the left sleeve and looked up how the shoulder pads are supposed to sit and pinned them in properly
  • basted in the collar and both lapels in the original size.

The shoulder length feels a LOT better.
Unfortunately, the neck edge is still the same width, really wide.

I’m going to have to attempt Marji’s suggestion:

Marji - ‘Go back to your original pattern tissue, cut a slice of muslin from the CF around the neck (back too) cutting two sizes smaller, to bring that neck closer. Then stitch the muslin onto the muslin you are currently working with.’

I just can’t picture this.

How much is a slice ? How far down from the shoulders ? I’ve done a high round neck adjustment already and raised the back neck 1-1/4" - will I need to recreate this in the slice or do I cut a short piece that will sit above this adjustment. How do I go about blending the width of the smaller piece to the larger muslin I’m working on ? (Rapid fire questions - sorry :-) )

Note…I have yet to have DH measure the sleeve cap depth for the sleeve. Do I do this first for attempt to fix the neck width first ?

Marji - can you provide a pic or more instructions ? Thanks a bunch

No comments: