Monday, July 14, 2008

Laura's Second Muslin

I incorporated Marji's suggestions (sort of) and ripped the shoulder and side seams out. I did not recut the muslin, but raised the the shoulder SA by 1" at the outer edge, leaving it at 5/8" in the neck. I took in the side seams by 1". I also tightened the front and back princess seams a hair or two. Did I screw up by doing these shortcuts or is it looking better?


I do believe I'll also turn that back vent into a box pleat. Critiques and suggestions welcome.

1 comment:

Digs said...

Yes, it is looking better, and
I'm very glad you're also making 1266. Do you think I should recut my muslin one size smaller? the more I look at it, the more humongous it looks. My McCalls coat also ran big (despite the fact that I used high bust for sizing), but not AS big, and I now think I should've used a size smaller for that as well.