Friday, June 20, 2008

Elizabeth: Has anybody seen this in a pattern?


Hi,

I'm off today to buy muslin to begin to meet Marji's deadline. I have been late because I haven't found the exact pattern I wanted. I think I have settled on Burda 10/2007-111, although I'll need to make it smaller

However, surfing on net-a-porter I came upon this gem from Pringle of Scotland. It's a double-breasted coat with raglan sleeves. If you go to http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/35277 you can see all the lovely details - taping on the waist and sleeve seams and on the pocket edges, huge pockets, and what I take to be the backs of snaps on the invisible 4 buttons of the eight. It also has a beautiful pleat at the back (see second picture).

What I want to ask is, does anyone know a pattern with these basic bones? Otherwise perhaps (!) I could add some of these features to my coat. Have I mentioned I love this coat?

1 comment:

Nancy K said...

I like the Vogue. Chopping at the waist, and adding a cb seam in the skirt for the pleat is pretty easy to do. You won't get the raglan sleeves easily. I agree they are pretty full with out the fitted styling of this coat.