Saturday, May 17, 2008

Thinking phase

One, I am excited that I decided to participate in this. I have never made a coat. I have made lots of jackets. I did make a Vogue pattern that perhaps was a "short coat", that I made out of wool/cashmere blend. I have some fabric in my collection that is coat worthy. Yet, I have been eyeing some fabric at Gorgeous Fabrics that are definitely for coats short or long.

Two, I am undecided about the coat style as well and need to go through my patterns to decide. I think I need to start with something simple. If anyone has suggestions for a coat pattern for a 5'3", petite person, suggest away.

Three, when supplies are listed please suggest sources for some of the items, as all I have available close by is JoAnn's. Perhaps I should have more coffee or at least read the sidebar! Thus I am thinking I will need to make some online purchases.

Thanks, Marji for putting this together.

No comments: