Sunday, November 16, 2008

And the responses to the roll call are rolling in

Dawn has left a new comment on your post "A Gallery for finished Coats":

I have the front and back put together and topstitched (did that this morning). I am just trying to figure out how to do the collar. The pattern directions have you sew the undercollar to the lining and facings and the collar to the coat. Then you sew everything together RST. Is that an okay way to do it? I don't know exactly how to do that whole "Pad Stitching" gig because my coat doesn't fold over, it just has the collar.


Dawn, you're still making this Burda coat, correct?
Check out the illustration on the pattern cover. You do have a bit of a lapel and a small roll line.
In any case, even if you decide not to shape the lapel with padstitching or fusible interfacings, you should be creating some shaping in your collar with the inner structure.
You may want to go back and have a look at Paco's tutorial, or the page from Threads on fusing in the shaping.

Paco's photo
__________________________

Patrice sent an email:
Funny you should email today... I'm working onB5145 now. :) All I have left are buttons/holes :)

__________________________

Adrienne sent an email
Hey Marjorie! I changed my mind COMPLETELY! LOL I plan on working on Vogue 8548 this week! LOL

1 comment:

Tany said...

I'm about to cross the finish line (all I have left to do is hand sew the lining to the facings, make the French tacks and sew the buttons in place). I have an article on the lining ready, highlighting the sleeve lining setting process and my following post will be the final article on my coat.