Thursday, November 13, 2008

Lindsay T: Finished my Chanel-style bouclé coat





I honestly never thought I'd see the day when this coat was finished!

I'm really pleased with how it turned out, and this sewalong was a great help. Thank you so much, Marji, for organizing and overseeing it. And many thanks to the experts who posted tutorials here—I relied heavily on your advice.

Stop by my blog for photos of me wearing my coat while shopping in Soho (NYC), my thoughts on the whole coat sewing process, and more detail photos of my coat. Here's my review on PatternReview.

5 comments:

Digs said...

Wow! I love the detailing, with the pockets making it look like a wide belt & highlighting your waistline, and those cheerful buttons. And, ooh lala! you look tres chic et belle in front of that store: there's nothing like a real on-person shot to show off a garment. Beautifully done project, I bet as years go on you'll forget the labour pains ;-) and just enjoy wearing this baby more & more.

Tany said...

It looks FABULOUS!! What a masterpiece!! Very well done and congratulations!!

Ann Made Studio said...

I love this coat! You did a fantastic job! Congratulations!

Marji said...

M, it looks wonderful! Great job.

patti said...

Great job! Mlle Chanel herself would be impressed!