Monday, August 11, 2008

MaryPat: A bit behind

I am behind on my coat. I have fabric. lining, interfacing etc. I have changed my pattern a few times and I do not have the mockup done. I might use a pattern I have used in the past as a way to catch up.
However, I do have a scarf knit that matches my coat, or at least the fabric.
We were on holiday at my SIL's cottage in Northern Ontario last week and on the long drive North through Michigan we stopped in Mackinac City. I went to a lovely little yarn shop there and stocked up on novelty yarns to knit on the trip. All were marked down by about 75%.
So, my priorities might be a bit mixed up, but now I need to make the darn coat so I can wear the bargain scarf.

1 comment:

Nancy Winningham said...

LOL - I totally understand your reasoning. I guess I need to get an evening dress so that I can get motivated to make my "dress up" coat! I havent started yet other than gathering materials. I am using a pattern I've made before, so at least I don't have to do a muslin.