Saturday, August 16, 2008

LindaF - Muslin with sleeves

Burda 7855

Here are my final fitting photos (hopefully).

I apologize for the terrible shots. First off the front is not pinned correctly. I was in a rush yesterday, but wanted to get photos taken. I didn't even check it in the mirror and the front is off by a good inch. I think that explains the terrible looking back. I'll double check that later.

Also I am bloated, so there are drag lines where they shouldn't be. I purposely don't tackle fitting issues during a certain five days of the month for this very reason. I can go up a whole cup size. My doctor told me that this thing should go away any time now, given my age. But if only my body would listen, sheesh.

I have read Els's entry for the sleeve wrinkle problem. I am going to take one of these out and fix it per her instructions. But I am going to wait the five days first.

My fabric is at the cleaners getting a good steam press. I have a local source who will take the fabric for me. Many thank to Marji who suggested this to me. But for pieces this large they send it out some where, so it is taking two weeks to get it back. I should get it back in time to keep on schedule.

Take care everybody.

4 comments:

Nancy K said...

Those drag lines are telling me that your bust shaping is a little off. Your bust apex is not lining up with your bust line.
About your shoulder wrinkles, do you have shoulder pads in? If so, you need to add some more layers to them or lower the shoulder a little bit. I vote for increasing the shoulder pads.

Nancy K said...

I also think that your shoulder is a bit wide. not much but enough to cause a problem.

Linda said...

Thanks Nancy,
The bust shaping is off because I didn't have it pinned on correctly. And because I was bloated. I am into three days and my clothes are not feeling so strained, especially in the chest area.

I don't understand the part about lower the shoulder or shoulder pads. Thicker shoulder pads will not happen. I don't want the football look. Sleeve heads and all that jazz on the final coat will make it look okay.

And yes, the shoulders are wide on purpose. It is what I like for a coat just in case I do wear a sweater or something underneath. My rule of thumb on coats is 1/2" wider than my shoulders. On my jackets I do 1/4" wider. I don't believe that a coat should sit right on the shoulder joint. Where I live you need to layer.

Linda said...

I forgot to mention that I don't see how wide shoulders causes a problem. It gives more room for layering underneath. I think a larger problem are shoulder seams that sit on the shoulder joint. That should be reserved for coats where you plan on wearing a tank underneath. With this being a winter coat, I see no problem.