Sunday, October 26, 2008

Nancy K: So much for having all my materials in place

I finally have all my issues with fit and pattern worked out and was about to block fuse the pieces that will use the same interfacing. I am short! I just ordered some more and hopefully will have it in a couple of days. I am using Palmer Pletsch's heavy interfacing for the under collar, on bias, as I really feel the need for a lot of support so that this collar will actually hold it's shape. I'll use a weft interfacing for the body and facings. I don't like the method of attaching the facing to the lining and sewing it on together. I think that sewing the facing to the jacket gives more control. I also prefer to hem my coats so that it doesn't fall after a while. The method I like for bagging the lining calls for a back facing, so I made a pattern for that.

No comments: