Monday, May 26, 2008

PattiF - Vintage Vogue 2884--traditional tailoring

For a couple of years this carcoat pattern and a marvelous cranberry wool/cashmere blend from Candlelight Valley Fabrics have languished side-by-side in my stash. I do not intend to make my own shoulder pads, but I look forward to using some of the recommended traditional tailoring methods: I will underline with a fine batiste (from Farmhouse Fabrics) and will interface by padstitching hair canvas (from The Sewing Place). For the lining fabric I've selected a silk satin print from my collection. This piece came from Vogue Fabrics; it features hot pink roses on a black background.

2 comments:

Marji said...

Patti, it's going to be wonderful - I hope you get that camera fixed and we can see pictures - the lining print sounds like it'll take this carcoat to another level, altogether.

nancy2001 said...

Candlelight Valley has such gorgeous fabrics. I'm sure your coat will be beautiful.