Saturday, May 31, 2008

Fun Facts to Know and Tell

First off - is anyone else as frustrated as I am with blogger taking Forever to load this blog?
It's because I have it set to show 1 month of posts.
We're posting too fast and furious friends, so, as inconvenient as it may be, I'm going to go into the template and change it so that only the last weeks worth of posts show. It'll speed up the load time considerably.
I did make it so that all posts for the last month are labeled and linked on the sidebar, so you can look at the sidebar to see what you might have missed...and you can always go to the bottom of the blog and click on "see older posts".

  • Stats: there are 98 people currently registered! Roughly 10 of them signed on only to observe, yet some of them are now talking about actually sewing along. Wouldn't it be AWESOME if, at the end of September, we have 100 finished coats? I think it's a real possiblity!!!
  • there are 3 polls on the sidebar - if you haven't looked at them and voted, please do so.
  • right now it looks as if there are 9 trenchcoats planned.
  • one poll asks if your fabric is coming from stash or if you have to purchase it - 41 answered stash, 24 answered purchase. If you're one of the 25 or so who haven't answered yet, how about taking a minute to choose one? If you just bought your fabric, just for this project, you can answer #2 - only if it really was in stash already answer #1 - it'll be interesting to see. Who knew so many people stash coating fabric?
  • the other asks collar style, and I really need to just take that one down since so many have already posted their plans. That was just to help me get an idea.
  • I will be putting up a poll soon asking if you plan to use sewn in interfacings and traditional tailoring techniques, or fusible interfacings and the more modern "fusible tailoring" techniques, or if you plan to use a combination......but I can't put that up until I finish editing my post on interfacings and get it up - soon, I promise, Soon.



Don't worry, if you haven't ordered interfacings, waiting on this blogpost - you've got til July before you'll need it, and last I knew, no online vendors were taking 4 weeks for shipping. I hope to get enough info up so that you can make an informed choice, even if you've never done either one before.

Totally apropos of nothing, I got my hair cut this AM. I was trying to grow it out, knowing that life on a boat is a lot easier with hair tied back. I couldn't do it. I HATED my hair as it was getting longer. So today - Chop Chop.

2 comments:

Nancy K said...

Is there a way to change an armhole princess to a shoulder princess?

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Since I am having such a hard time posting/reading the blog...I will put all of my coat plans on my own blog. If I have a problem, I will probably post a question here to the relevant post.

Marji - thanks for managing all of this! I am sure that it has become a much bigger challenge than the one you originally imagined!!! Oh and I won't post any of your information on my blog...just my plans and sewing details! :)