Friday, May 30, 2008

ClaireC's Coat Plan

I want to start by thanking Marji and all the sewing experts who have agreed to help us with the sew-along. I personally am overwhelmed and touched by the continued generosity of the sewing community!!!!


Now, for my plan:
Simplicity OOP #4403
The wrap version
The fabric is a yummy, silky, luxurious Michael Kors mohair/angora blend that I purchased from http://www.emmaonesock.com/ in December 2005. I found the receipt with the fabric and gasped at the cost. I must have been out of my mind.... I almost changed my mind....almost....
I will underline in cotton flannel. I already have white. Would you recommend I purchase red or black? The fabric isn't see through at all, being coat weight, but I wonder if a darker color might be better.

The lining is a black Kasha lining ordered from http://www.voguefabrics.com/.
The heavy-weight muslin is on it's way to my house.

One last comment....I love seeing what everyone is making from the wool coats to trenches. You are all very inspiring to me. Oh yeah..so much so..that I gave in and bought the B*Berry fabric and lining from Vogue Fabrics. Enabler alert: Vogue Fabrics has the striped twill lining that matches the outerware fabric. ;o) Now I have hopefully inspired you also to join me in adding to the fabric collection........

No comments: