Saturday, May 31, 2008

Patrice's Sewing Plans :)

Hi Everyone!!
I'm a tad bit late tossing my hat into TGCSA but I'm here! :)

I will attempt 3 coats. I'm a southern girl who now lives in Saint Louis. I've experience 2 winters here and when I tell you it gets cold... please believe me it gets COLD!
I've managed with a little puff jacket but I would like some variety for this coming fall/winter season.

So here are my choices....

I will attempt view A (in red)



Just looking at this pattern I already know the sleeves will have to be lenghtened, however I think it will work on those not so frigid days.


And finally... I will be trying my hand at this coat again. I attempted last year and it was a huge interface disaster!!

2 comments:

Claire said...

Hi Patrice, I too am making the Simplicity and I'm seriously contemplating a second coat/jacket since I'm planning the wrap version for my first. We'll see.....

Have you decided on fabrics yet?

Jenny said...

I hope this time around it works out for you! I started a coat a few years ago, but about 3/4 of the way through, I decided it was just too much effort for the low quality fabric I was using. It's on the UFO pile somewhere.