Sunday, December 21, 2008

Ann's Cashmere Coat - Finished

I feel kind of like a loser girl. I have been enjoying reading everyone's posts, but I haven't done any posting on my progress. Mostly because, typical of any of my projects, nothing happens and then,wham! it's done in a flurry of activity and flying fabric bits. This coat is no exception. So I give you my finished "Michelle Obama Coat", Vogue 8548:

The shell fabric is a wonderful cashmere that I have had in my stash for a couple of years. I lined it with a brilliant painted silk charmeuse. It's one of those surprise linings that makes me smile and will probably cause comment when I take my coat off.

I posted all the construction details on my blog. The cashmere was tricky to work with. You need to treat it like a napped fabric, and use a gentle touch when pressing to avoid unwanted imprints.

I'm really happy with how it turned out. I was inspired by Erica B's version. This is a really great pattern and I'll be wearing it with pride for Christmas.

Happy sewing!

10 comments:

Cennetta said...

Ann, You cashmere coat is absolutely beautiful.

Jenny said...

That is a truly awesome lining! Your coat looks fabulous - I love the classic, clean lines, but it's definitely current also.

Bunny said...

Gorgeous coat! The color is so yummy and the lining makes my heart skip a beat!

Claire S. said...

It's a beautiful coat - The color is gorgeous !

Digs said...

It's beautiful. I love this pattern, and what both you & Erica B. accomplished with it. Won't you add a photo of yourself wearing it, please?

Liana said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous! Love the coat and the lining too. Great job, as always.

patti said...

Wonderful, Ann! The lining is an inspired choice--definitely 'diva-worthy!'

Mon Café Couture said...

Ann, this is a stunning cut! I love it so much.

Patricia said...

It looks great. Gorgeous colour and a fun lining, too. Will you be posting a picture of yourself wearing it?

Tany said...

So beautiful and well made! Congratulations!