Saturday, December 20, 2008

Alterations and Fitting Vogue 8438 - Part II

Finally, I'm able to post the alterations and fitting of my Sew-Along Coat, V8438. The pattern alterations were relatively easy. I had to make a FBA and a sway back adjustment. With princess seam style garment I usually don't worry about adding width across the shoulder blades in the paper pattern alteration. As I'm cutting out the garment I add a little more to the seam allowance just in case.

Here I made a sway back adjustment on the back and back lining pattern by folding out about 3/4 inch.



On the side back (also used for the lining), I gradually increase the amount to be removed as I moved toward the seam allowance that joins the back pattern.



On the front and front side pattern I made a FBA.



The adjustment were also made on the front facing and front lining.



Fitting - Front view - No gaping at the front closure across the bust line.



Back view - No horizontal lines across the back. The stitching at center back seam of the collar and the lower center pleat will be removed after the final press.



Side view.



I've already attached the front facing and lining.



Here's a view of the under collar. When I had the coat on the stand on the coat felt a little droopy. But I think I can live with it.

Tonight I plan to hem the coat and attached the lining to the sleeves.

Stay Tuned...,
Happy Sewing!
C

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow! Beautiful collar and lining. It's so elegant!

Linda L said...

Looks great!

Cennetta said...

Thanks!

Patricia said...

I LOVE the lining!