Saturday, November 8, 2008

Claire S. - I'm missing a step somewhere

I've only got 2 more pieces to baste with the underlining and can move on to the interfacing.

I've got sew-in hair canvas to be made into interfacing pieces for front/side front under underarm and for the back per Marji's interfacing post - oh, and the collar, too.

The front facing has me stumped - I've gone through all the posts and if there are instructions for the facing then I've missed them completely.

Does it get hair canvas, interfacing, underlining, nothing ?

Someone? help please...

2 comments:

Tany said...

Hi Claire, I think the facing should get support of some kind, but not hair canvas, once the front is already interfaced with it; I'd use thin knit fusible to interface the facings (and the upper collar) or, if the fabric doesn't allolw it, hand sewn interfacing: something sheer and soft yet stable like cotton batiste or silk organza as a kind of underlining. It will depend on how the fashion fabric behaves, mostly.

Claire S. said...

Thanks Tany - I was positive it needed something. I have a knit fusible on hand - will see how it works.