Friday, October 10, 2008

Claire S. - V8346, Lapel Pattern Pieces

In answer to a question from Marji,

My front, front facing and lapels are 3 separate pieces and look as shown below:

Facing - the white paper is my new seam line after adjustments.


Front and Lapel - you can see the lapel lines right up with the front.


I was/am considering laying a lapel in place next to the facing and the front and cutting each of them out as one piece. I think I'd prefer that to a seam at the roll line.

What do you think ?

5 comments:

Marji said...

I can't imagine why they designed the lapel separate like that. I was picturing some great big lapel piece that would eat up fabric.
If you've got room on your fabric to attach them prior to layout go for it. That is exactly what I would do too.

Ann Made Studio said...

I definetly agree with Marji.
One piece :)

Nancy K said...

Dont forget to overlap to remove the sas.

Claire S. said...

Ok - will cut one piece. Thanks for the reminder Nancy, the lapel was part of my muslin though, so once I cut it apart the sas were already cut off.

Liana said...

Late here, but I have a Marfy jacket that has a separate lapel piece, and it has a wonderful shape to it when worn. I think the seam is actually a dart, and it lays perfectly. It was a pain to have all the SA's at the roll point, but with a little handwork and a lot of clapper use, it looks great. That may be what they're doing here.