Monday, August 25, 2008

Ann's Muslin - Burda 7855

I finished the muslin on Burda 7855, and I am very happy with the fit, however you would never think that from these pictures. I used a cotton for the muslin that is absolutely horrible as far as wrinkles, and the camera shows them "all". (The sleeves are the worst and believe me I ironed this fabric several times for the pictures but it really was no use!) After taking a gazillion pictures I am going with these or I'd never get any posted.





The only alteration I will do is on the sleeves. The fit is fine, there is no tightness but as you can see one sleeve does not look so good. The sleeve cap has too much fabric, see red circle/picture taken outside. I removed some of the excess on the right sleeve as I pinned the sleeve to the arm, and then sewed it. The sleeve looks much better after having done this. I believe Tany had a similar issue as well. So for the sleeve paper pattern I will use Tany's method , she posted a great tutorial explaining this alteration in detail! Thank you Tany! ( Here it is on Tany's blog for those not participating in the Coat Sew Along).

There is what appears to be a lots of wrinkles on the back, and the sleeves, but trust me when I say it's the fabric! I am pleased with how the jacket fits and how it feels when I'm wearing it.

I may shorten it somewhat but I'm still pondering this change :)

4 comments:

Ann Made Studio said...

Thank you cennetta :)

Tany said...

Excellent job, Ann!

Mon Café Couture said...

Ann, you seem to have chosen the right size and model. Good luck with the rest of it!

Ann Made Studio said...

Thank you Tany and cafe couture :)