Monday, February 28, 2011

I am done




Finally, after a long hiatus, my new winter coat is complete.


The details,


Butterick 4665, now out of print, wool melton cloth, with silk tie fabric lining both from Fabric Mart, I think. Some stash buttons. My sewing skills were a bit rusty but things gradually came back to me. I have worn the coat out in the snow in Toronto. I have knit a lot of scarves to go with the coat over the last couple of years, it will be a pleasure to get them out and use them. I am quite pleased with the fit. I feel ready to start another coat or jacket. It does look like my pressing could be better.


Thanks to everyone on the blog who helped me through this and also my husband who photographed and told me how things were fitting that I couldn't see in the mirror.


5 comments:

Cyrus Raaj said...

Thank you for sharing this informative article. Long Coat Men

Milasha said...

Dating for seniors helped me feel alive again. I would recomment to everyone a sweet lady from a Slavic country because these women are great. Specially what comes to mature Slavic belles. They are very wise and expereinced, real treasure for any man who look for a reliable partner. preview

TOOD MILLER said...

I love these winter coats with good fabric and nice stitching of
Embroidery Digitizing thank you so much.

Mr Jonson said...

We really happy to know this news

Ashlee Rolfson said...

I just read your blog post about completing your sewing project, and I must say, your dedication and craftsmanship are truly impressive! The final coat looks fantastic.
https://www.frugalishness.com/how-old-was-vickie-lynn-swayze-when-she-died/