Monday, January 26, 2009

Progress, finally

I have finally cut out and interfaced my coat and started sewing the lining. I got waylaid by shoulder problems and then surgery. A whole lot better these days and I am getting some sewing done. I will post pictures when I am further along. Right now I am trying to decide whether to add buttons or not. My dh bought me 2 large buttons on ebay from my favorite jewelry designer. I really need to decide soon if I want to make bound buttonholes, or I'll be taking it in to Jonathan's to make machine made buttonholes because my machine will never work on this thick fabric.

2 comments:

Marji said...

Way to go Nancy. I can't wait to see that happy yellow wool become a coat.
Happy too to hear that your shoulder is better.

Nancy K said...

I had a real accident with this coat. It was resting against the iron, horrors, and a burn occurred. I am fortunate the it will be covered by that very large collar! I have certainly made mistakes, but this one really is a first for me.