Tuesday, January 6, 2009

MaryPat's Completed Coat

I finally finished my coat and proudly wore it to a friend's for dinner the first day!

The fabric is a mostly wool tweed in charcoal and brown with a copper fleck and lined in a grey/brown stripe. Both fabrics are from Emma One Sock and I believe were designed to coordinate. It is interlined with a flannel and has Kasha Satin sleeve lining to avoid bulk.

The pattern is an OOP Vogue pattern # 2449. I changed it considerably, but it was closest to what I wanted. It has a front dart, back princess seams, welt pockets and a back vent.

The coat I was wearing previously saw me through my last pregnancy and wasn't new then, so a new coat was definitely in order.

Thanks Marji for sponsoring this Sewalong. I haven't posted much, but have lurked a lot and wouldn't have gotten this done without it.
There are some more pictures of the completed coat and the construction on my blog if anyone would like to see more. http://merrypatter.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Digs said...

Lovely coat, Mary Pat! An inspired match of a very interesting fabric and lining. I very much like your slanted pockets and the rounded collar. Bravo for a job excellently done, especially with the changes you've had to make.

Please also update us on any progress with your amazing trapunto work when you decide how to integrate it into a garment.

Liana said...

Very nice MaryPat! Beautiful fabric combo.

Patricia said...

Thanks Digs and Liana.