Sunday, May 18, 2008

Marji - My Project plans

I know that most everyone will be making One coat - I also know that I'm on a mission to sew up some of my really special pieces, and I'm using this sew-along as an excuse to do that and satisfy my over-achiever tendencies. Therefore - I've got 3 on the drawing board to muslin up.

My Planned projects for this sew-along.


Using the Vintage Molyneux pattern and the felted wool from Ungaro that I have in stash, I plan to make one long coat. This pattern features an inseam pocket (with flap) and a roll collar. There is an interesting detail here in that the princess seam notches out toward the side seam at the pocket level.
In order to use a fabulous piece of red cashmere from The Wool House in Toronto, that's been in my stash since Sept of 2005, I'm planning to make this from Michael Kors. I will make real welt pockets. Can't imagine that MK would have been content to sew flaps on a jacket. And even if he is, I'm not.
And the last number on the agenda is this fabulous outfit by Guy Laroche. I broke my no fabric rule and ordered the wool/cashmere blend from Gorgeous Fabrics, because it's a perfect match to the green based plaid wool that's been in my stash since the dinosaurs roamed the earth - sometime around 1985. I'll make the wide leg pants in the plaid and use the Cashmere blend Syrah coating for the jacket.

Between the 3 I should have most techniques covered.

I see on the poll on the sidebar that 75% of those who've answered the question there already have the fabric in their stash.
So, show us what you're planning, we'd love to see.

4 comments:

Sigrid said...

Wow, you're really planning to make 3 coats? My favorite is your second, the Michael Kors pattern, but the others are great too.

Michelle said...

I also have that same Michael Kors pattern and have a piece of fabric with a tiny houndstooth print in pink and black. It's just a wool suiting, though, so it will be more of a blazer than a coat when I am done with it.

Sandra said...

Wow, I'll be happy just to have ONE coat done! I do love that Michael Kors pattern also.

Vicki said...

I want to use what is in my stash, but I don't have enough of anything for a long coat. And I don't really need one in Melbourne. It does get cold, but not that cold and i drive to work and park in the same building;)

So I will probably make a couple of smaller jackets/coats that I can wear over long sleeve tops and jeans - hopefully I have enough for that!