Saturday, May 24, 2008

Linda - My coat choice

Here is my choice for the coat sew along. Burda 7855.

I am making the short version without the band insert. I want to use this fabric from Gorgeous Things Fabrics. Or possibly the cashmere wool too. I just don't know what I would do if I made a major mistake on the more expensive fabric. Still I bought a cashmere scarf this past winter and it was the warmest thing I have ever worn, so I am still considering it. At that price, it is still much less expensive than buying a cashmere coat. What do you all think?

I also want to make a jacket too. I love this jacket from BWOF 10/06. It is lined too, I think. I have a deep barn red wool in my stash that I bought for this pattern. I hope to keep the momentum going and get this one done in the same time frame too.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Linda,
Great patterns! I really love the BWOF jacket. I have chosen red for my coat - so I have to applaud you for your color choice!

Lisa

Dawn said...

I like that BWOF jacket too. Very cute. Elegant but casual too.

Jenny said...

I'm jumping on the bandwagon to say I love the jacket pattern also! I've been looking for a patten like that to make a boiled wool jacket (if I can ever find boiled wool). They have a lot of boiled wool jackets here in Germany, and they are always VERY expensive for my budget.

Marji said...

oh Linda, great jacket. The first few times I read this entry I didn't realize this was an actual pattern from WOF - I thought you were posting an inspiration piece from RTW.
Will you make the shaped patch pockets?
May I use your jacket as an example for construction of the patch pockets?